Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gifts from my children...

Don't you just love the sweet gifts that the children come up with on their own?

My daughters made this beautiful cake for me for Mother's Day... all by themselves. I didn't see it till they presented it to me completely finished! I was impressed!
Later in the week a knock came on my office door. I called out for whoever it was to "Come in!" but no one did. So I opened the door to find this cheery nosegay hanging on the doorknob!
Attached was this "mysterious" note...
I wasn't sure if they meant they were late for Mother's Day or May Day, but anyway, I appreciated the thoughtfulness behind the gift.

I really do like dandelions. I just wished the blossoms lasted longer and that they didn't have such "weedy" tendencies of growing in inappropriate places, and insisting on being taller than the grass!

The children were tickled to find out that their bouquet was called a nosegay! They thought that was a hilarious name for it.

8 comments:

pse said...

What fun creativity! Love it.

Keetha said...

I LOVE both ideas.

I remember when I was a kid - - - back when the dinosaurs still roamed the Earth - - - we ALL used to have such fun with May Day baskets. Now not even ONE person in my circle of acquaintances does it. Most of them have never even heard of it.

Maybe we should do some kind of a virtual May Day basket group blogging event next year!!!!

Sheila DelCharco said...

Oh Karla! So pretty! Congratulate your girls for me on creating such lovely things!

Dori said...

I still get a May Day basket EVERY year from Gary! I love the little nosegay. How did they make that? It's so perfectly round!

Dori said...

I still get a May Day basket EVERY year from Gary! I love the little nosegay. How did they make that? It's so perfectly round!

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Hi Karla,
You have such wonderful children! The nosegay is just adorable!

Blessings,
Sandi

TattingChic said...

That cake is so sweet...I'm sure it was literally, too! Your kids are sweet to have made the gifts!

Love the nosegay! What a cute way to display the dandelions! I wish I would've known how to do that when I was a little girl. I KNOW I would've made that for my mom! So cute! :)

A Romantic Porch said...

Ah, so touching and sweet.