Thursday, October 22, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday - Taco Soup

I love my Crockpot! It is so convenient to put a meal together in the morning, and then come supper time... well, supper's done! The catch to it is: I have to remember (and take the time) to put the food in the Crockpot in the morning (or right after lunch, depending on the recipe). I'm still trying to get into the habit of working that into my daily planning and routine.

When I ran across the Slow Cooking Thursday meme hosted at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, I decided to participate, as a motivation to do at least one Crockpot meal a week to share on Thursdays.
Today I'm not going to post a recipe, as such, because you probably already know how to make Taco Soup. (If you don't, just Google for the recipe. It is so easy! Browned ground beef, then add canned beans, canned corn, and canned tomatoes-and-chilis. Top with shredded cheese and sour cream. Serve with chips.)

What I wanted to share this week is a seasoning tip I picked up from my friend Mary Grace: Hidden Valley Ranch Fiesta dip mix. I put a package of this into our Taco Soup yesterday and my family declared it the "best ever"! Who knew? I had always just used plain ol' taco seasoning before... but the spicy ranch dip mix added even more wonderful flavor!

Just thought you'd like to know!

2 comments:

mary grace said...

Glad it was a hit! My guys love it ... and I do, too!

The Watts Family said...

Wow that looks fabulous I wish I had some right now lol! ~Blessings Heather ;D