Friday, November 2, 2012

Celebrating 27 Years!

Lyle comes home for lunch every day, but my work schedule doesn't always allow for a lunch break, so more often than not the kids serve me lunch while I'm working. Lyle often eats in my office just to hang out with me for the few minutes he's home.

He walked in the other day and pointed to his framed senior picture which I keep in my office. "Whatever happened to that guy?" he asked. The picture is 30 years old and doesn't look much like him any more.

"That guy?" I feigned confusion. "I haven't seen him around in a long time."

He sprawled out on the floor for his after-lunch cat nap. I leaned down to kiss him. "But this guy. I love this guy way more than I ever loved that guy."


4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...


And "this guy" is a lot better looking too. He "grew" into himself in all the right ways.

A Romantic Porch said...

Happy Anniversary!

A Romantic Porch said...

Happy Anniversary!

Denise said...

Happy Anniversary, Karla and Lyle! I pray you enjoy many more happy years together. I remember that lovely wedding and weekend well. What a treasured memory with such a sweet friend!
Love,
Denise