Saturday, March 9, 2002

Migraines

Boy, I had a doozy of a migraine yesterday. Didn't accomplish a blessed thing from about 11a.m. on... just tried to lay perfectly still in a dark room. My "wonder drug" Imitrex didn't even help this one! I'm feeling better this morning, just the usual "hang-over" I have the day after a severe head-ache. I was trying to do some research on migraines on the 'net this morning, but didn't have a whole lot of luck. Oh, there's plenty of sites out there on the subject, just most of them want to sell you some product that supposed to help. I don't want another another drug, or herb, or anything. I want to figure out what causes them and try to change whatever it is to stop having them. Seems like I get them way too often!

I did read one site that was by a doctor whose theory was that all head-aches (migraines included) were caused by caffeine-withdrawal. In other words, if you were used to having caffeine and then went too long without it you would get a head-ache. That can't have been the cause of yesterday's head-ache, because I did have my coffee yesterday! Interesting theory, though.

Caffeine and Headaches
Understanding Migraines

No comments: