Friday, September 14, 2007

Books and Espresso? I'm there!

My absolute favorite thing to do to relax is to spend an hour or two in a bookstore with a coffee shop. Coeur d'Alene has Hastings and Borders which both fit the bill, but we moved about 20 minutes away from Coeur d'Alene a little over a year ago, so it's a little bit of a drive for my favorite indulgence. I usually go in the evenings when my husband is home with the kids... but since the kids are now old enough to stay home alone for short periods of time, we enjoy the occasional "coffee date." But there is really not a good place to go for coffee in the evening here in the small town where we live. Yes, there are several of the little drive-up espresso kiosks... after all, this is the northwest... but they keep morning hours.

Well, just today I found out that some friends of ours will be opening a book and coffee shop just a block down the street! Pleasant Land Books and Espresso will feature new, used and rare books, homeschool curriculum, school supplies, free wireless internet, and great espresso drinks and jet tea smoothies. How cool is that? I can already tell, it's going to be my new favorite hang-out! I don't know if they'll have evening hours. It would be just absolutely perfect if they do.

No comments: