Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And To Think That I Saw It...

I recently came across a fun Wednesday meme at Muum's Musings where she features weird things she sees at WM. (You know... the big box store? Not sure why it's a secret... but since she whispers about it, we will, too.) I don't know if anyone else participates in her Wednesday meme with her, but they should. Because if you're going to see something weird, chances are, that's where it will be!

I don't have pictures (for obvious reasons) but I once saw a bride and groom shopping in their formal wedding attire. I didn't stare... but I did do a double-take. Why would you go shopping in your wedding gown?

Another time I saw a little kid with a pair of pantyhose on his head, pulled down over his ears like a cap, with the legs knotted together and dangling down his back. You just gotta wonder. Who would let their kid go out like that?

Since we have joined the ranks of RVers we have come to appreciate WalMart's policy (whoops! Iwasn't s'posed to say WalMart!) of allowing campers to spend the night in the parking lot. But I have to say, this one just really caught my eye earlier this spring:
I had the camera in the car, so I made my husband drive closer so I could take a picture. (Sorry about the pickup in the way. This was the best shot I could get surreptitiously.) What I really wanted to do was get out and walk around it and read all the epithets so carefully painted on every available inch of the brightly colored bus. But I didn't.

The ones I could read from where we were had such inspiring messages as "Repent or burn!" or various obscure scriptures taken out of context. I had hoped to be able to enlarge the picture and read more of them after I got home, but I wasn't quite close enough for my camera to pick up that detail.

I have a morbid fascination for weird things like this. I suppose that's what the owner of the bus is going for. Draw attention to the bus to convert people to his brand of religion. (Not quite sure what that is.)

The sad thing, that my husband and I remarked on, is that many non-Christians will probably see the wacky bus and think that all Christians are a bunch of kooks!

5 comments:

Muum said...

You have found a real winner there !! Maybe next week I'll post about the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile that came to town last year (yes, we have pics !) - parked in, of course , the W mart parking lot...THanks!!! for participating in my little bit of fun- I don't feel like I'm all alone in blog land.

Farrah said...

NO WAY!!! I think we saw that very same bus at our Wal-mart several months ago. At first I thought it was cool, and then...The coolness was replaced real quick by a different feeling. I agree with you, this bus is unlikely to help anyone.

Edi said...

This is the type of thing I like to take photos of when I come across them...I probably wouldn't have gotten too close with my camera either...

Brumbemom said...

That is oddly hilarious. I can't imagine the wedding oouple at WM, that is definitely strange. I am not big fan of WM. I go there to get cheaper groceries, but I usually end up frustrated with the lack of helpful workers or organization.

Linda said...

I wonder how it compares in colour to the Partridge Family bus. Can anyone remember?