Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wanna play ping-pong?

I don't have a picture, but I have to tell you about the cutest game of ping-pong I've ever seen.

My brother and his family were at the camp we went to this past weekend. Their little girl is two-and-a-half and just as cute as a button. She has a little cousin who is only 2 months older than she is, and he is equally as cute. I don't know about you, but I think 2-year-olds are more adorable than a little red wagon full of puppies!

One night after service the adults were sitting around in the game room visiting. The little children were very busy running about playing and just generally having a good time. My little niece and her cousin decided that they should play ping-pong. So they each got a paddle and found a ball, and stood one on each end of the ping-pong table, just as they had seen the big folks do. They are so little that they could barely see over the table, but that didn't bother them a bit. One child carefully laid the ball on the table and swatted at it with the paddle. It rolled a little ways and then fell off the edge of the table. Both children eagerly ran to chase it. Once the ball was retrieved, it was the other child's turn to "serve". And so they repeated the process.

The game only lasted about 3 or 4 turns before they were off to the next adventure, but it was just priceless to watch.

2 comments:

LaRona said...

I'm hoping my friend from church got a good picture on his camera - I plan to ask on Sunday. If so, I will definitely blog it because I agree that this game was one of the cutest things I've seen! (but then again, I'm pretty biased.....)

pse said...

I would like to cheer for the little players.