Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Edition #29 - "Q"


Continuing with my alphabet theme, here are 13 things in my life that start with the letter Q:
  1. Qi. I just discovered that this is a valid Scrabble word! Only 2 letters and doesn't require a U after the Q. I had no idea what it meant though. I had to look it up. Do you know?
  2. Qualified. Even though I don't always feel qualified for everything I'm called to do, I'm so glad God gives grace and strength anyway.
  3. Quart. A fun childhood memory is of shaking raw cream in a quart canning jar to make butter. Oh, yeah... and rows and rows of home-canned garden bounty in quarts and pints. I never understood why Mother thought that was such a pretty sight. I do now!
  4. Quarters. I've been collecting the state quarters for the past 10 years. I have a map of the US folder to keep them in. Do you collect them, too?
  5. Quartet. I enjoy good southern gospel quarter music sometimes.
  6. Queen. I love being queen of my home!
  7. Quiche. I posted a favorite recipe here.
  8. Quiet. Sometimes I enjoy silence more than music or conversation.
  9. Quilts. I posted about some of my treasured quilts here.
  10. Quilting. I have sweet memories of sitting at the quilting frame that Grandmother had set up on her porch the summer of 1980. Dad was between pastorates for a couple of months that summer and we stayed with my grandparents for several weeks. I was 14. Grandmother taught my sisters and I how to quilt. I have enjoyed it ever since.
  11. Quiver. There's a verse in the Bible comparing children to arrows and saying the man is blessed whose quiver is full of them. Our quiver seems to hold just two... and we are blessed!
  12. Quiz. I enjoy fun blog quizzes once in awhile.
  13. Quote. I like watching for meaningful quotes when I read.

9 comments:

elaine said...

lol i think Qi is the other spelling for the oriental concept of 'chi'... great TT :)

Snap Catch said...

Great list, nice one for TT! Mine's up too hope you can drop by... Happy TT!

pse said...

You're amazing! I wondered what 13 Q words we would know. Maybe I need more brain exercise.

Ivory Spring said...

Hello Karla,

What a fun post this is!!! I went and look at your treasured quilts, and they truly are treasures!!!

Blessings.

Gattina said...

I wouldn't be able to find 13 Qs ! But I googled Qi and found : "QI, standing for Quite Interesting". Hahaha !

Denise Patrick said...

My daughter is a Scrabble queen and could probably tell you what qi means - me, I'd have to look it up.

What a great list. I'm impressed that you came up with such great "Q" words.

Happy TT!

Kalianne@BygoneBeauty said...

What a great list! To come up with 13 things begining with the letter Q is very clever! Your list is lovely.

Farrah said...

Nope! Don't know what it means!

Yes, we collect them too!

Was the word quarter supposed to be quartet?

When I was about to read your list, one of the first "Q" words that came to mind was "quiet." LOL! We agree that that's a good one!

Carrie said...

I also remember making butter that way. I have a special folder which has slots for both the Philadelphia and Denver mint state quarters. Still need many of the D mint versions.
I also collect inspiring quotations to re-read and to share with others.