Monday, July 14, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, July 14, 2008:
Outside my window... it's a sunny day. Probably gonna be another hot one.
I am thinking... about the road trip we are planning for vacation next month.
I am thankful for... the recent salvation of someone we have been praying for a long time.
From the kitchen... my daughter made chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Yummy!
I am wearing... a pink gingham dress.
I am creating... a crocheted sunflower doily. (See picture below.)
I am going... to get groceries this evening.
I am reading... Love as a Way of Life by Gary Chapman.
I am hoping... for a good commission check this weekend.
I am hearing... birds twittering.
Around the house... I am working on getting my bedroom organized and decorated.
One of my favorite things... Diet Coke with cherry and lime from Sonic.
A few plans for the rest of the week... I hope to finish my bedroom project, and get some more boxes from the garage unpacked and put away. I also need to work 20 or 30 hours for Sonlight.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...Visit ~The Simple Woman~ for more participants in this theme.

9 comments:

A Hint of Home said...

Thank You! The award was a pleasant surprise.
Sounds like you're keeping busy. It's good to get those little projects done, isn't it?
What kind of company is Sonlight, if you don't mind my asking?
I rejoice with you that someone got saved you care about.
Our daughter is moving to CA today to church plant there. Her husband will be a pastor there.
Have a good week.

Lisa Ann said...

You are busy ! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :)

Charlotte said...

Sounds like you're having a great day. The crocheted sunflower is very pretty.

Ivory Spring said...

Hi Karla,

Thanks for the lovely comment you had left on my floral arrangement - it sounds like you have a full day today. But a full day is a great day! :)

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

You are a very busy woman! I am liking that sunflower!
Penny

Kalianne@BygoneBeauty said...

The sunflower doily is very cheerful and your crocheting is so neat! I observe this because I find it very challenging to get my stitches even!

Enjoy the rest of your day, it sounds full of the blessings of life. Thanks for dropping by.

Gattina said...

Years ago I did crochet too, but I have not enough patience for that. A sunflower is beautiful for that purpose !

Muum said...

YOur needlework is lovely! thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Your sunflower doily is precious! it puts a smile on my face :). I enjoyed your daybook, thank you for sharing :)