Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Business Trip

The dog beat me to the front door at 5:30 yesterday morning when we heard the familiar diesel engine of our Dodge Ram pull into the driveway. Lyle had been gone since Friday, so we were eager to welcome him home. He came in, unpacked, took a shower, grabbed a cup of coffee and went to work. Nothing terribly unusual about that, except that he and his brother had been driving all night and all the previous day!

The print shop where Lyle works had bought a printing press on eBay. It was in Minneapolis. So he and his brother (owner of the shop) made arrangements to go pick it up the same weekend as the big printing trade show in Chicago. That would just work out great, of course! They could leave here at noon on Friday and by driving all night Friday night, and all night Monday night, attend the print show, pick up the printing press, and be back to work on Tuesday morning.

3,600+ miles in less than 4 days!

Middle-aged men, mind you! I think they are both crazy!

Here's the load they went after:
And here's how they got it off the truck:I hope the press works out well for them. I am grateful they made the trip safely!

6 comments:

Margaret Cloud said...

That is a lot of miles and I do hope the press works out for them.

pse said...

I'm glad that trip is over. I'm sure they enjoyed it much more than those of us who just went along in thought!

Hopefully the press will be a good investment.

Named Alicia said...

I am glad they made it safely. I always worry about hubby when he is away!

MuseSwings said...

That was a manly mission! Glad they are back safe and sound.

My Journey said...

Goodness, men and their ideas. I'm glad they had a safe trip!

Farrah said...

I don't know if I could stand to drive that much in such a short time! But he brought back some cool momentos

There's something different about your blog...Help me out! What did you do? The comment part looks different...