Thursday, October 9, 2008

Vintage Crochet Patterns

As an avid crocheter with an interest in "all things vintage" I was delighted recently when a friend of mine let me go through her crochet patterns and borrow any I liked!
My friend is in her 70s and enjoys crocheting as much as I do, so we often compare projects and share ideas.When I mentioned that I had been enjoying making crocheted flowers lately, she was sure she had some patterns I would like. And she was right!These are the covers of some of the books I borrowed. Aren't they just delicious? The cover price on most of them is 10 cents! Can you imagine?
Which pattern do you like best?

12 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Oh, these are great. I remember some of those patterns my grandmother had. I am sitting out on VTT this week, I did not get my post done in time….wanted to stop by and say hello.

grace said...

Those are all fantastic, but I love the potholder one the most. I'm hoping to learn to crochet this year, and I've picked up a few cute vintage patterns at thrift stores. They taunt me...:)

Vintage Mommy said...

ooh! I like the variety of potholders in the first pattern!

My Journey said...

Hope you don't mind but you've been tagged!
http://carolinaruns4acure.blogspot.com/

A Romantic Porch said...

Karla, I like the one with the clothes hanger thingy. I wonder what it is? xo rachel

Carrie said...

Oh-hh, those flower patterns are really nice...the borders are so stylish!

Dawnie said...

ohh I like the doileys. I wish I had learned how to do that..I just never did. I used to knit quite well, but lost that art. I attempted to take a knitting class a couple years ago but the instructor was useless, she couldnt spend any time with me and she appeared baffled by my being left handed and just couldnt figure out how to get me going.

marianedwardsdreamweaver said...

I love them all but especially the first one ~ STAR pot holders ~ I would oh so love a copy of those patterns...GORGEOUS!!

Janeen said...

I love the flower patterns! Beautiful! Great Christmas gift ideas!

Elizabeth said...

I love the flower patterns, especially the one with the daisies! I helped my mom crochet granny squares when I was very young, but I haven't done any crochet since.

pse said...

Like Rachel, I also like the clothes hanger. I wonder if that is clothes pins hanging on it to hang your stockings on?

Farrah said...

I don't even crochet, and those were fun to look at! I liked the yellow flower one with daisies best, I think. :-)