Thursday, December 18, 2008

White Christmas?

Remember my "cute" little faux porch? Well, here's proof that it's not really a porch, but is in fact, just a deck with no roof!
It's been snowing steadily for 24 hours and shows no signs of stopping any time soon... so I may have even more dramatic pictures than these before it's all over!

We got a lot of snow last winter-- much more than usual-- but it was later in the season than this, January and February. I guess this means it's time to hunker down and settle in for the winter. Somehow I think spring is a long way off.

In any case, we'll be having a white Christmas for sure!

Here's the view out the front door. Yes, there's a street out there somewhere!

Oh, and Dad? We aren't snowed in! Just thought you'd like to know that!

9 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Karla, That looks so totally cool. *snicker* oops! truly NO pun intended. I mean it is awesome that fluffy stuff can pile up like that !

pse said...

I agree with Rachel. That pile on the table is amazing!

e-Mom said...

LOL, love the table. Great shots!

It's been snowing all day here today too... unusual for the PNW. :~D

Hope said...

Wow, Karla, I am so envious!! And to think, I was excited when we got 3 inches!! :) All we have now is rain but I'm not complaining after 2 summers of drought. We need it! I'd just like for it to be in the form of white stuff!!

Thanks for stopping by to welcome me back!

Hugs,
Hope

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Hi Karla,
Looks like you really got snowed upon! We did too but not quite as much as you just yet. I don't have a real porch either so don't feel too badly. Someday, hopefully, we'll have one. Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family!

Blessings,
Sandi

Toots said...

That is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE snow! Piles and piles of it! And in southern IL we NEVER get enough!
Enjoy it for me, OK? : )

TattingChic said...

Look at ALL that snow! Wow! I do not miss that one BIT, LOL! I do remember that blog post you referred to and it immediately came to mind when I saw the snowcovered chairs and the table in the same spot where you took the other "porch" photos from! how fun! You could do a "4 Seasons Porch" blog post once you get all the seasons in there, LOL! :)

e-Mom said...

P.S. There's an award waiting for you at Chrysalis, when you get the chance. :~D

Farrah said...

Yikes! Lol! I love all the snow pics floating 'round the blogosphere right now. :-)