Monday, June 8, 2009

Mini Burgers

I'm always on the look-out for new meal ideas. The latest issue of Mary Jane's Farm had a recipe for "3-Bite Burgers" with biscuits instead of buns. It looked fun... and yummy...
The instructions said to pat out the biscuit dough very thin and then stack 2 biscuits together before baking, so that they split apart easily like hamburger buns. That worked great!
There were several different variations for the hamburger filling. Each included a little flour to bind it together, similar to meat loaf.
This was one pound of hamburger meat, but it makes enough for 16 "mini burgers". I patted the meat into the bottom of a square baking dish, and then baked it till the meat was done.
I sprinkled it with cheese and put it back in the oven until the cheese melted. Then I cut the meat into 16 squares and served it on the biscuits!
We liked them okay, but decided we would like them even better as breakfast sandwiches with sausage instead of hamburger meat. I think I'll try that next time.

5 comments:

Kalianne@theBowerbird'sNest said...

The biscuit bun burgers ~ what an interesting idea! They look delicious. Thanks for sharing!
~Kalianne

Keetha Broyles said...

Yep - - - they look yummy all right!!!

TattingChic said...

Oh, MAN! Now, I'm starving! I'm going to go get something to eat! LOL!

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh how clever! I want that magazine sssssssssoooooooooo bad. (not coveting though promise) I'm still enjoying the one you sent me immensely! xorachel

Ronda said...

LOVE the idea for breakfast burgers! :) Very creative and delicious looking! :) I really want to try this...thanks for sharing it! :)