Monday, June 1, 2009

Springtime morning...

For Today...

Outside my window... the lawn sprinkler is going... the lilacs are blooming... it's going to be a beautiful late spring day!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...I am thinking... that it's almost time for me to start work this morning!

From the learning rooms... hopefully finishing it up curriculum this week.

I am thankful for... family time.

From the kitchen... chewy oatmeal cookies. My favorite!

I am reading... The Missionary... Wives and Daughters... getting ready to start Little Dorrit

I am hoping... for a good, productive week.

I am creating... hairpin lace! I found a hairpin "staple" at a thrift store not long ago. I'll show you soon.

Around the house... time to get out the fans, and start closing drapes to keep the house cooler during the heat of the day. (We have no a/c because it usually cools off enough at night here to keep us comfortable.)

One of my favorite things... walking and talking with my husband.

A few plans for the rest of the week... orthodontist appointment tomorrow, homeschool soccer on Friday... getting ready for my last 2 homeschool conventions of the year next week and the week after.

12 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

How interesting! YOU must be interesting! I think you are!

Nancy M. said...

Pretty picture! It must be nice not to have to run the A/C.

UKZoe said...

I never thought I'd see home AC's here in my part of England, but the last few years they are becoming more common with these hotter summers we've been having.

B and ME said...

My parents always have lots of lilacs around the house. I miss that smell!!! It is one that can NOT be bottled... Sure is a beauty! Enjoy your day!

Renee said...

Wonderful post! Your picture is awesome and I just adore lilacs. Have a wonderful week.

Kristi said...

The lilacs are gorgeous! Blessings to you.

Laura said...

I love the picture... can even imagine the smell of those lilacs! I enjoyed this newsy post.

lady m's lavender cottage said...

What joy to have lilacs blooming by you! Mine are still quite young, so there isn't a bloom in sight...maybe next year ;-)

blessings,

lady m

Joyce said...

Awwww......we so miss the Lilacs here in Louisiana. We used to have them everywhere when we lived up north but alas..not here. No Peony bushes either.
Enjoy them! They are wonderful....

Ronda said...

Beautiful picture! Enjoyed your thoughts! :)

TattingChic said...

Oh, I soooo love lilacs! They bloomed profusely in my backyard growing up. I used to dance in the backyard surrounded by lilacs in the summer as little girl thinking I was a fairy princess surrounded by beautiful lilacian maidens! Oh, their scent was divine! :)

Grandmother Wren said...

Hi Karla,

I’ve added a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren’s to make it easier for the Summer Daybook ladies to find and visit one another while Peggy is on vacation.

Please stop by on Mondays to add your link – I’d love to see your Daybook there!