Thursday, June 18, 2009

Additions to my violet tea-set

My eclectic violet tea-set is growing! Last summer I added a cup-and-saucer set I found at a garage sale, and then in March I received another cup-and-saucer set in a tea swap I participated in. So then I had the teapot plus 5 different cups-and-saucers.

A couple weeks ago I found this cute little demitasse-size cup-and-saucer at a thrift store to add to my collection.
Later, I couldn't pass up this pretty violet saucer for 75 cents at a garage sale, even if it didn't have a matching cup!
I just tucked it up under another saucer for now.
Who knows? I might come across a stray cup sometime that doesn't have a saucer, and then those two pieces can be partners!

12 comments:

lady m's lavender cottage said...

Oh Karla,

the set is so pretty! and the cups are all so lovely and unique!

blessings,

lady m

Andrea said...

Hi Karla! I love your collection. This is andietweets from twitter :) Just wanted to say that this post inspired me to take the plunge and start my own collection of teacups with roses on them. I've always wanted to do that, might as well start now! Thanks for sharing the pretty pictures.

pse said...

I love your beautiful tea set.

Coloradolady said...

Karla,

These are so very pretty, and they do not have to match. They look good mixed up a bit, just like they are.

Keetha Broyles said...

I am in LOVE with your eclectic violet tea set!!! I have a demitasse cream and sugar that would go very nicely with it - - - but all I'll share is a picture. Hehehehehehehehe

Here's a link to see them:

http://keethastuff.blogspot.com/2009/02/teas-are-few-of-my-favorite-things.html

Oh, I guess I have another little violet set of a teapot with creamer and sugar too!!!

Joy said...

Pretty, I love the purple colors.

TattingChic said...

That is too sweet! MY mom had a service for one tea set with those violets when I was a little girl. I loved that thing! :)

e-Mom said...

This pattern is so pretty! My mother had a cup-and-saucer that was very similar--if not the same! :~D

Allison said...

Its beautiful... what a good idea. I think that each piece can be loved just for the sake of being.

Gingerbread Mommy said...

what a fun hobby. those are so pretty! first visit to your blog, and i must say i'll be back! thanks for following me!!

Karen (KayKay) said...

They are beautiful! What a great collection. It's so nice that they have the color in common, yet are all different.

gahome2mom said...

I like your new blog and layout! :)

Hi, I found your site from the Heart of the Matter Blogroll. We are homeschoolers from the state of Georgia.

http://gahome2mom.blogspot.com/

Oh, I am featuring the SpellQuizzer software giveaway on my GAhome2mom blog. Come check it out!