Friday, March 13, 2009

A Tea Swap

This is a shout-out to Diane @ Little Birdie's Nest! Back in the fall she hosted a "Falling Leaves Tea Swap" that I participated in. I had a lot of fun putting my package together with fall themed basket of pumpkin spice tea, and some crocheted coaster doilies that I made of fall-colored thread and other goodies. I was disappointed when I learned that the package that was sent to me had been lost in the mail, but those things do happen from time-to-time... so I didn't think too much about it.

However, Diane did! When she found out I never received my package, she put together one for me! What happened was not at all her fault and she wasn't at all obligated to make up for it... but I think she must just be a very thoughtful person.

It was a delight to open the box and find a box of chamomile tea, a pretty vintage apron in spring green with a rose applique pocket, a set of rose-colored napkins, 2 pony-tail elastics, some tea-time recipes...
...and best of all, a violet cup-and-saucer set! Diane must have read back through my blog to discover that I have a mix-and-match violet tea-set! This makes 5 violet cup-and-saucer sets in my collection, and each one is distinctively different. I love it!

Thank you, Diane!

9 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

What a great swap box. How sweet of
Diane to make up your lost box for you. She is a careing and loving person. What great gifts she sent, beautiful and useful. I too love the tea cup best, but the napkins and aprons fit just perfect for Spring and Easter.
Molly

HennHouse said...

I love that cup and saucer!! So dainty.

Emily said...

It's beautiful!!! I am such a softie for tea cups and tea things! What a lovely package!!! :)

MuseSwings said...

Beautiful! What a lovely gift basket. I love the napkin holders!

Diane said...

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am SO happy that you like your swap package - it's long overdue. Enjoy your goodies!

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

Oh how nice! I love the tea cup. I have several myself. They are one of my favorite things to collect. Take care my friend! And have a great weekend!

Making Memories 1999 said...

I really like your beautiful tea cup!! And what a sweet friend!

Thanks for your note on my blog. I sure do hope we get to see you all this summer!!! (hint, hint) ;D

A Romantic Porch said...

Karla, That is so neat. I found a violet saucer yesterday and thought of you...but alas no cup! xorachel
P.S. Still I thought of you!

Joy said...

How nice and glad you finally got your package. What a pretty teacup!