Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

My parents have been married 44 years today. I don't have a picture from 1965 on my computer, so I'll share this one from 1985. It was my own wedding day... and it startles me to realize that I'm within a few months of being as old as my mother was when I got married! How could 23 years have possibly gone by so quickly? I'm sure Mother and Dad feel the same way about the 44 years they've been married.

A good marriage is truly a treasure to cherish. I wonder how God managed to bring together a farm girl from Oklahoma and a small-town boy from Louisiana to create the home I grew up in? And then, 20 years later, He brought together a southern preacher's daughter and a California city boy to create the marriage I now enjoy.

I can't explain it... but I am grateful...

8 comments:

The Going Blog said...

aah! Happy Anniversary to them! That is a sweet picture.

Dori said...

Really? Mom was your age when you got married? Wow! That was young! We do have amazing parents!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents! That's wonderful! :)

A Romantic Porch said...

That is so sweet. Happy Anniversary to your wonderful mother and daddy! xo rachel

pse said...

Thank you to all of you. Forty-four years have flown by and we are SO blessed.

Darrell and Pallie Sue

2L3Bs World said...

Congratulations.. An event in life that needs to cherish forever.. Such a happy family..

My Journey said...

Happy Anniversary to them! Isn't wonderful to have great parents? I can tell you are as blessed as I am!
Carolina

MuseSwings said...

Congratulations to your parents! The Mister and I will be celebrating 40 years in October. I still wonder how God brought us together - and on the front steps of my house no less. I have a feeling that the one's God brings together tend to last.