Monday, March 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...

Outside my window... the sun is rising above a bank of dark clouds. It is beautiful! I took pictures, but the pictures don't do the scene justice. The ground is wet from yesterday's rain. I'm looking forward to a sunny day.

I am thinking... about today's to-do list.

From the learning rooms... I've been giving my younger daughter a few basic piano lessons lately. She seems eager to learn.

I am thankful for... literacy. What a joy to be able to read... and read and read!

From the kitchen... My daughter made banana bread yesterday, and I just baked sour dough bread this morning. Mmmm! This is the third batch of sour dough bread and it finally looks the way I think it ought to. Last week's was better than the first batch, but still not quite right. This batch raised much better. We'll have it with lunch.

I am reading... Salty Like Blood by Harry Kraus, M.D. and The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn

I am hoping... to get back in the habit of making weekly menu plans soon.

I am creating... still working on the quilt and crocheted curtain for my bedroom. You're gonna get tired of hearing about that before I'm done!

I am hearing... the coffee pot.

Around the house... spring cleaning has started! The kitchen and one bedroom are done!

One of my favorite things... watching the earth come alive in the spring.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I'll be representing Sonlight Curriculum at the Inland Northwest Homeschool Conference on Friday and Saturday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Looking forward to the bright flowers of spring!

Visit The Simple Woman's Day Book for more posts like this.

6 comments:

Margaret Cloud said...

I am also looking to the blooming of flowers, green grass., my soul cries for co;or. It is still chilly hear, no sign of nothing, too much brown. Thank you for joining my followers, have a great week, looks like you are already very busy.

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! It never ceases to amaze me at how the simple things bring a tranquil beauty to our lives. Thank you for sharing a beautiful word picture- you really do need to write a book - soon!
Love,
Denise

Emily said...

I am ready for the beautiful Spring weather. (Today it's snowing!!) Anyway, have a beautiful week ahead!

Tiffany said...

I always like reading the responses to Simple Woman's Daybook. Love the sunny flower picture. I'm visiting from Sonlight.

TattingChic said...

I am grateful for literacy, too! What a blessing to be able to read all these blogs that I am trying to get caught up on, LOL!

Hope you stop on by for my 1st Blogoversary/100th post celebration! I'm even having a giveaway! Do come on over! Everyone is invited!!! :)