Monday, March 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...

Outside my window... We are having a late-season snowstorm. Winter doesn't want to let go this year... and Florida seems very far away!

I am thinking... about the work I need to get done on the computer this morning, so I can do school with the girls this afternoon.

From the learning rooms... We have been learning about many of the pioneer missionaries from the 1700s and 1800s as we go through Sonlight's Core 200 (History of God's Kingdom). I am so amazed (and humbled) by the sacrifices they made to spread the gospel.

I am thankful for... health and strength.

From the kitchen... I'm trying my hand at sour-dough bread from a "mother" I started a week ago. Today is the day to bake the first loaves. I'm anxious to see how they turn out!

I am wearing... a denim skirt with a long-sleeved sage green t-shirt.

I am reading... The Fight of Your Life by Jeffrey Dean

I am hoping... to get back in the routine of regular exercise. I don't like being this out-of-shape, but then, I hate to exercise. *sigh*

I am creating... giveaways and display items for my Sonlight booth at upcoming homeschool conventions.

I am hearing... my coffee pot brewing. Coffee's almost done!

Around the house... It's time to start thinking about spring cleaning!

One of my favorite things... Changing seasons. I am getting tired of winter, and will be happy when spring finally arrives, but I do enjoy living where we have 4 distinct seasons.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Tomorrow is our homeschool group's monthly skate. Friday is my younger daughter's first orthodontist appointment.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...Watching for Spring!
Cookie loves to sit with her hind legs on the back of the couch, her front legs on the window sill, and her head up under the curtains, watching the neighborhood.

6 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

I enjoyed my visit here. We had a dog named Cookie when I was a teen. One of those Ch___ I couldn't spell.
Have a good day.
Mama Bear

Poetikat said...

I came by from the Orient Express journey.

I love that picture of your "Cookie". She's adorable.

We have 4 cats, but hope to have a dog one day.

Kat

Janeen said...

Dahling, is your passport ready for the train?

Mrs. C said...

Cookie is such a cute name for a dog.

I love your blog header. So pretty! Enjoy the rest of your Monday.

Laura said...

Karla,
Just what I've been looking for, a "mother" or starter for sourdough bread! Would you share the recipe with us?
Laura

Paula said...

I enjoyed your daybook today