Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's spring in my yard!

It's too early for beautiful flowers in our neighborhood... but it's definitely spring! I insist!

Two weeks ago, when the time changed, we were still having frigid, single-digit temps. But yesterday was the official first day of spring, and if you look really close you can find spring in my yard!

The first sign of spring is the absence of snow. Remember the humongous piles we had in December? They're gone.
Well, okay... if you look down the street, yeah, there's still snow on the mountains. But that will probably be there 'til June, so we won't worry about that.
Then, if you squint just right, you can see the barest hint of green in the lawn. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the bright, cheerful faces of the dandelions which will no doubt be popping up soon.
Look! There are buds on my lilac bushes. Aren't they just beautiful?
Here is my tiny little azalea bush that was a housewarming gift from friends last year. He seems to have survived the winter and is putting out buds as well.
The rhododendron bush has several fat buds on it, too...
And the denizen of the porch has already put in a formal request for the cushions to be placed back on the bistro chairs, please.
Happy Spring!!

8 comments:

Laura said...

HAPPY spring!!

Emily said...

How beautiful! I am so excited it's Spring! I love this time of year - or renewal and rebirth! It's glorious!!

Aliene said...

We are really sweeing spring here, also.
Azaleas blooming, trees coming to life, Irises blooming, time for planting a garden. it is just a little wet still.
stop by sometimes and lket me know you are still in the land of the living.

Margaret Cloud said...

Happy Spring to you also, I see you have your BBQ out on your deck, I also see a cute kitty peeking through the deck at us.

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

Happy Spring to you too my friend! May you enjoy every bit of it!

steviewren said...

Enjoy Earth's reawakening in your area. I love your view of snow capped mountains.

TattingChic said...

Hope you have more and more signs of spring as time marches on! :)

Katey said...

YEAH SPRING!!! um...we have a driveway...but not much yard yet :(