Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Time for Tea

Denise says that January is Hot Tea Month. Never heard of it before, but I'll take her word for it. She is celebrating each Tuesday with "Tuesday's Tea Time"... and I'm joining her for tea this week! (If memory serves--which it very well may not--I'm thinking her birthday is this week, too. It's been way too many years since we were little girl pen-pals!)

As my contribution to "Tuesday's Tea Time" I wanted to show you my very unique tea "set". You notice "set" is in quotes? That's because it's not truly a set... but I love it! My mother bought me the beautiful violet teapot when she visited England 12 years ago. Then 2 years ago for my birthday she surprised me the cup-and-saucer on the left. It looks like it matches the tea-pot, doesn't it? It's a different brand, though. Soon after that a dear friend gave me the cup-and-saucer on the right. And just this past summer Mother gave me the one in the middle "just because". Each one is white with violets, and edged in gold. They are so beautiful! And I love that each one is different. It will be interesting to see if I ever find (or receive) more.

(And, no, Rachel, the violets aren't begging to live at your house!)

12 comments:

The Going Blog said...

How delightful! I love how closely they "match" and yet they have their own look. Happy Tea Tuesday!

Rachel said...

Karla, Those are beautiful. I will be on the look for more. It's always to fun to add to a collection.

pse said...

I Love that tea "set". Take time for a tea party with your daughters today!

Rachel said...

Just checkin' back to see what to fix for supper tonight.:)

Michelle said...

Hi, My name is Michelle Jowers and I go to church with Denise and got to your blog from hers. I just wanted to tell you that her birthday is Saturday the 19th. I am sure that you will have a wonderful time at "Tea" today. I really like the look of your blog too!

Karla said...

Thanks, Michelle! I *thought* it was January 19th, but then I got to second-guessing myself, thinking it might be someone else's birthday I remembered. Glad to know I was right.

P.S. It's nice to "meet" you! Feel free to "visit" any time!

Denise said...

Karla! Your set is BEAUTIFUL! I love the pansies. What sweet thoughts they bring this week! Thank you for joining me for tea and bringing such a beautiful picture of your tea set.

Vader's Mom said...

Those are beautiful!! I love your "set"

Valerie said...

Luv your "set." It's all the more special because each piece means something.!

Toots said...

Very pretty "set". I really like the new layout of your blog too. It is much easier for me to leave comments now! I also LOVE the "Karla" cup picture. Nothing quite like "tea time," is there? I need to have a tea with my girls again.

Carrie said...

Hi Karla, I am enjoying visiting your blog. Rachel said to tell you she sent me.
Your tea ensemble is lovely. My Jan 18 post tells of how I got my English tea set. Hope you can stop by.
Carrie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a beautiful collection of violets tea "set!" I love tea things!

Katherine