Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007 in Review

I was just looking back through my blog archives and found this quiz I did in 2004. I decided to update it for 2007. If you like to do this kind of thing, please consider yourself tagged!

Did you keep you New Years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Not really any resolutions... but I do like to set fresh goals at New Year's. I started reading the Bible at the beginning again last New Year's, and kinda got bogged down in Leviticus... then I jumped to the New Testament and around after that... so I decided recently to pick up where I left off and see how long it takes me to make it straight through. (I've read the whole Bible before, just never in order.)

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not real close. A niece and two of my cousins had babies this year.

Did anyone close to you die?
My 91-year-old grandfather died in January.

What countries did you visit?
Canada. Other states in the US: Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Washington, Oregon, California, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri.

What was the best thing you bought?
Goodness, I dunno. Maybe the treadmill. I don't especially *enjoy* it, but I know it's good for me... and I get my walking done even when it's cold and icy out.

Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder? About the same, I guess.
b. thinner or heavier? Maybe a little heavier (which is why the treadmill is a good thing!).
c. richer or poorer? Just a little bit ahead! Yay!

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Homeschooling. Seems I never get as much done as I think I should.

How did you spend Christmas?
Quietly with my husband and children. We had a good Christmas, but I miss being with my extended family.

Did you fall in love in 2004?
All over again!

What was your favorite TV show?
Monk

What was the best book you read?
Always the Bible. Besides that I've had the privilege of reading dozens of Christian fiction (and a few non-fiction) books this year. It's really hard to choose a favorite. It depends on my mood.

What was your favorite film this year?
The Ultimate Gift

What did you do on your birthday? How old were you?
My husband took me out for supper. I am... let's just say "middle-aged"! (which does not seem possible)

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my husband didn't have to work so much overtime.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Comfortable, classic. (as usual)

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"...All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me."

No comments: