Wednesday, January 23, 2008

7 Random Facts Tag

I've been tagged again! This time by Hope from Second Time Around. I played this game back in September (click here to see my answers that time), but I decided that you can never really run out of random things to tell... so I've come up with 7 different things...

  1. I've been in 37 states, Canada, and Mexico, but I've never seen the Atlantic Ocean. Weird, huh?
  2. I can't sleep comfortably without my own feather pillow. I take it with me wherever I go.
  3. I have a scar on my chin that is a "souvenir" of a bicycle wreck I had a month before I got married. When I limped back home dripping blood my mother forbid me to get on a bicycle again before my wedding! I didn't.
  4. I have an uncle who is younger than my husband (by one month)!
  5. I love stories. Many times I'd rather listen to a story than music. And I would almost always rather read a book than watch TV. My husband recently installed XM radio in my car, and I have the old-time radio channel at the top of my Favorites list! Radio dramas were what came before television. Fun stuff!!
  6. I've been "computer literate" since 1982 when I took a class in computer programming in high school! I learned BASIC programming. Our school had a TRS-80 computer with a cassette-tape drive!! I learned to write programs that would solve algebra problems. Whoop-tee-doo. The next year our school got an Atari computer with a color monitor and sound! That year I wrote a program to play the first few bars of "Tomorrow" from the musical Annie, and display the words words in color as it played the notes. Fancy, huh? We were cutting edge, I tell ya!
  7. I've been online since 1997 and have had a personal website in some form or another since very early on. I started blogging in 2002.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad I got the younger uncle!! Interesting random facts! I laughed!

Hope said...

Hi Karla,
I enjoyed reading your 7 random things. I think it's a good way to get to know people better but it's always hard for me to do. Thanks so much for playing!

Hugs,
Hope

The Going Blog said...

You are out of my league in the computer area :) I have a working knowledge of it. ha Oh maybe not because I don't "work". I'm cracking myself up. Has the whole blogging world exploded in the last year or is it just my new reality?

farrah said...

I love your blog and think it's one of the best! Here's a little surprise: I FINALLY started one of my own. True to my word, you are first to know. I began several days ago and have already decided on a name! Wheee! Boy is this going to be slow. I'm so excited, but I have had almost zero time to learn and am such a perfectionist it's debilitating. I feel so lost! However, don't despair! I will persevere...and let you know as soon as I have something worth seeing. :-)

Karla said...

Yay, Farrah!! Can't wait to see it! Let me know if you need any help with it.

Rachel said...

I can't wait to see Farrah's blog too. She better let me know!

Denise said...

Wow, Karla! It's amazing how far technology has come in the last 20 years, isn't it? My oldest son was impressed with your stats on computer literacy! ;) They can't understand how far we've come in a relatively short time, can they? Oh well, we all sure enjoy it now!