Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kindred Spirits Reading Group

My blogging friend, Emily, is starting a book group blog for ladies who enjoy vintage literature. If you like reading books by Jane Austen, L.M. Montgomery, or other writers from previous centuries... then you're a "kindred spirit" and you should join us! We'll be reading and discussing one book a month, and taking turns being hostess.

For the month of December, Emily has selected Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. I thought that was a great book to start with, as it's not terribly long... and most of us are familiar enough with the story to join in the discussion even if we don't have time to read (or re-read) it right now. Please feel free to join us, if this interests you!

2 comments:

The Watts Family said...

Sounds fun! I am hoping to be able to join ~hopefully we will move into our house next week and I will see my books again I have several copies of the Christmas Carol can't wait to pull them out ;D

Emily said...

I am so glad you put a blog up on the book group! :) I am really happy we have so many wonderful ladies interested in the book group. I think it's going to be so much fun! :)