Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ramblin' Update

It's been a crazy couple of weeks... but then I'm not sure life ever slows down around here. It seems like it just keeps randomly picking up speed, and just when we get used to the new pace, it speeds up again! I'm hopeful that May might be just a smidge more relaxed than March and April were, although the calendar seems to be filling up fast!

Week-before-last we enjoyed our annual springtime trip to Seattle for the Christian Heritage homeschool conference. As soon as we got home we hit the ground running. Lyle worked 74 hours last week at the print shop, and I worked over 40 hours between my "regular" job as a Sonlight Advisor and forum moderator, and my unofficial helping-out-as-needed "position" at the print shop. In between, I got a little homeschooling done. Fortunately, the girls are able to work somewhat independently, and they are turning into pretty good little housekeepers, which is a good thing because we had house guests this past weekend.

Lyle's nephew and his wife stayed with us for a couple of days. On Saturday we took them for a drive up in the mountains. We shouldn't have been surprised, but we were turned back by snow on the road. Fortunately for us, we didn't get get stuck this time... but we did encounter some guys in an SUV who weren't so lucky. Fortunately for them, Lyle had a tow-rope and was able to pull them out with his big Dodge truck. That was our adventure for the day! So we didn't make it to the waterfall we were trying to get to. Instead we stopped by our favorite campground (which isn't open for the season yet) and enjoyed a damp springtime walk in the woods.

In other news, I've been notified that I've won a couple of blog giveaways I entered recently. First up was a contest I entered when I was blog-hopping as part of the Ultimate Blog Party. Tracey C. is an expert on finding all kinds of bargains and freebies. She blogs about it on "Challenging Our Family to Live Frugally" and in honor of her grandma's recent birthday (she's 89!) she hosted a giveaway of a whole box of little goodies she put together. When I showed my older daughter what I'd won, she immediately went through the list choosing things she'd like to lay claim to! Well, we'll see...

As if that weren't enough, I also found out I won the SodaStream machine that Heidi @ Reviews and Reflections was giving away. Remember me telling you about it? My whole family is very excited to experiment with making our own pop, so we are looking forward to getting it.

I'll be sure to tell you more about each of these prizes when they arrive. And I'll tell you about more great giveaways as I come across them. See? It does pay to enter! Somebody is gonna win, right?

1 comment:

pse said...

Congratulations! Now I'm curious to know how the machine works. Also what all is in you gift box!