Friday, April 15, 2011

Such a dilemma!

What would you choose if you had a $50 gift card to a big fancy quilting store? I can't decide! You remember I finished that big afghan for my doctor last fall? Well, this week I got a thank you card from her and she included a $50 gift card to Bear Paw Quilting! Wasn't that sweet of her?

So-- I stopped by there yesterday evening so I could browse. I didn't expect to actually spend my gift card before I had a chance to mull it over. Since it took me two years to get my Irish chain quilted, and since I have fabric for the Route 66 quilt that I haven't gotten around to piecing and tacking, I'm not in much notion to work on another quilt right now. They had lots of patterns for things like tote bags, aprons, wall-hangings. Don't need a tote bag or an apron, but a wall-hanging for my bedroom is a possibility. There were a few embroidery kits and patterns. They also had knick-knacks and stuffed animals. I thought about getting fabric for a dress. I've been wanting a black-and-white-gingham-with-cherries vintage-style dress. But then I remembered it was probably all cotton fabric and would have to be ironed, so I'm not sure that's a good idea. I also noticed they had Perle cotton in some really pretty colors that I could use for the little doilies I'm working on.

I just couldn't decide. What would you get?

3 comments:

pse said...

Oh, my goodness! I couldn't decide either. What a nice gift!

Jill in Kentucky said...

Do you have a walking foot for your sewing machine? I got one a couple of years ago and I have no idea how I got along for 40+ years without one. If so, do you have good sharp scissors--if not maybe buy some or get your sharpened. Load up on needles, good thread and then look at the books-then the fabric. I always want to buy the fabric first, but what I usually need is the other things. Have fun! I bet it will go REALLY fast!

Debra said...

Okay, well, I can't tell what I'd actually purchase... but I would decide to go in there once a week or once every couple of weeks and fantasize about how to spend that $50.

After a couple of months, then I'd get serious about a decision. And like Jill posted, I would probably end up going with some piece of equipment...the walking foot sounds like a good one. But a nice TOOL would undoubtedly be what I actually would buy :)