Friday, December 21, 2007

Winter


Is today the first day of winter? Or is that not until tomorrow? In any case, it's been winter here for, oh, at least a month. Seems like an awfully long time until spring... *sigh* It's always seemed to me like Christmas ought to come in the middle of winter, and then by Valentines Day it ought to be spring. But, no, according to the calendar, winter is just beginning.

It's cold today, but for a change, at least it's not dreary. We don't get a lot of sunshine during the winter here, so I am enjoying the view out my window of the sun glistening on the snow on the mountain today (see picture). The sun came out yesterday afternoon and we had one of the most glorious sunsets I have ever seen. The fact that it occurred before 4 o'clock in the afternoon didn't detract from the beauty of it. The most spectacular part of it was the reflected pink light on the snowy mountain tops to the east. Too bad I was driving and didn't have my camera with me. I'm sorry you missed it.

1 comment:

Toots said...

I jumped on your blog to print out the recipe and just had to say that I enjoyed the beautiful view out your window! We're headed your way (Jackson, WY) on New Year's day for a ski trip!
I do so enjoy visiting the beautiful wild west!
Thanks again for the recipe.