Thursday, February 5, 2009

Interviewing Mrs. C

One of my favorite current jobs is moderating the student forums for Sonlight Curriculum. Interacting with the kids is a lot of fun! Earlier this week some of the younger kids decided to start a "newspaper" and one of the reporters asked to interview me. I thought she came up with some very good questions, and I decided to share my answers here.

Do you have any hobbies?

I have lots of hobbies! I love to read. I like to go camping, hiking, bike riding, and on road trips with my family. I enjoy listening to old time radio shows and audio books. I also enjoy a variety of needlework. I like researching my family tree. I always find lots of interesting things to do. I rarely get bored!

Do you enjoy writing?

I do enjoy writing! I published a monthly newsletter for my mother's side of the family for quite a few years, until everybody got email and Facebook and cell phones, and then we didn't really need it any more. Some day I'd like to write a book.

How would you describe yourself?

Hmm... I'm tall. I have long brown hair. I've always been a bookworm! I'm friendly, but not real outgoing until you get to know me.

What are your favorite foods, or types of food?

I like salty, savory foods better than sweets usually. I love pizza... and popcorn!

What are your favorite things to do?

Probably my absolute favorite is to go on road trips with my family.

Are you an outgoing and social person?

Not really. I can be when I need to, but usually I'd rather just spend a quiet evening at home than go to a big party.

What types of books do you like reading?

Fiction! Almost any kind of fiction! (Not horror, though.) I do read a lot of non-fiction, too... but I love a good story!

Do you like sports?

No, I'm not much of a sports fan at all.

If so, which ones are your favorites?

I usually watch the Indy 500 with my husband every year because he's a big auto racing fan. And I don't mind going to a baseball game once in awhile, but I actually enjoy watching all the people rather than the game itself.

Which is your favorite season, Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter?

Spring! I love the warmer weather, and the flowers, and the soft colors. And it's just so refreshing after the drab, cold winter!

Whats your birthday (month and day, not year)?

November 24.

What is your favorite day out of the week?

Sunday.

Why?

It's a quiet day of rest and relaxation, a break from the busyness of the week.

Do you like to watch movies, and if so what kind?

I like watching movies with my husband once in awhile. My favorites are classic movies or movies based on classic books.

Do you like taking quizzes?

Sure! They're usually fun!

Are you registered on lots of websites (Howrse, Club Penguin, Millsberry, Neopets, etc.)?

No, I'm not registered on any of those.

What types of music do you like?

I like sacred, classical, some classic country, some easy listening. I actually listen to old time radio or audio books more than I listen to music.

Are there any particular series of books that you like (that people on the forums may have read)?

Oh, lots! I told you I am a bookworm! Let's see: Little House on the Prairie, Anne of Green Gables, Betsy-Tacy, Boxcar Children, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden, Childhood of Famous Americans, Elsie Dinsmore, American Girl, Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings... I could go on and on!

Do you like chocolate?

I like it, but I don't love it! I actually like caramel better.

What is your favorite dessert?

Cheesecake!

Were you homeschooled?

No, but my husband was for his last 2 years of high school.

Do/Did you homeschool your children?

Yes, I do!

6 comments:

pse said...

That "newspaper" idea brings back memories. Good questions there. That will make an interesting newspaper.

The Going Blog said...

That's a great picture of you Mrs.C!! When you become famous remember me okay. ha

mary grace said...

First--beautiful pic!

And second, so I get bonus points for knowing about the caramel vs. chocolate thing?

A Romantic Porch said...

Well, now wasn't that fun!

Emily said...

How cool they wanted to interview you! :) And it was fun reading all about you! Have a glorious day!

Patty said...

It was nice to see your picture! And, fun to learn more about you. I love caramel too. If you do get on a jury, I hope you'll write about the case afterwards.