Saturday, March 3, 2007

My Favorite Things

Here's a fun "meme" I picked up at Kimberly's Cup...

These are a Few of My Favorite Things
A Authors
Classic: LM Montgomery, Gene Stratton Porter, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Isabella Alden, Grace Livingston Hill
Contemporary: Philip Gulley, Frank Peretti, Francine Rivers, John Grisham, Lawana Blackwell
B Books
All my favorites are Classic Childrens' Books:
Anne of Green Gables, by LM Montgomery
The Blue Castle, by LM Montgomery
Rilla of Ingleside, by LM Montgomery
Daddy Long Legs, by Jean Webster
The Girl of the Limberlost, by Gene Stratton Porter
These Happy Golden Years, by Laura Ingalls Wilder
C Coffee
Caramel Machiatto
D Dessert
Cherry Cheesecake
E Elegant Object You Own
China tea-pot that my mother brought me from England. It's white with a cluster of violets on it. Since then a dear friend gave me a coordinating-but-not-matching tea-cup and saucer to go with it, and then later my mother gave me yet a different coordinating-but-not-matching cup-and-saucer. I love my eclectic tea set!
F Flowers
violets, pansies, roses, daisies
G Guests for Tea
my mother, my daughters, my sisters, my nieces... and dear friends
H Home
Wherever my husband and children are! (I don't especially care for the place we live now, but I learned long ago that home is not a place...)
I Inspirational Authors
Thomas Williams, Francine Rivers, Max Lucado
J Jane Austen book
Emma
K Kitchen Gadget
My 3-in-1 coffee/espresso maker.
L Laundry Help
We keep a free-standing hanging-clothes rack in the laundry room. Clothes can be put on hangers and then on the rack right out of the dryer. If they never get put into the cloest, that's okay. We know where to find them!
M Musical
The Sound of Music
N Naptime
Sunday afternoon. It's a tradition!
O Organizing Tip
"A place for everything and everything in it's place." Ha! Wish I could live up to that!
P Pride & Prejudice Character
Hmm... I'm not sure. I never thought about it.
Q Quote
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. . ." Robert Frost
R Recipe
Coffee Cake. It's quick and easy and I almost always have the ingredients.
S Scent
Vanilla.
T Tea
Peppermint with honey.
U Underwater Creature
Goldfish?
V Voyage You’ve Taken
I've never been on a voyage by sea. Lotsa road trips, though! My two favorite road trips have been: from Kansas to Pennsylvania in 1991, and from Idaho to California via the Grand Canyon and historic Route 66 in 2006.
W Water Feature; Lake, Creek, Ocean, etc.
Lake Coeur d'Alene
X X-tra Special Treat for Yourself
A weekend away with my husband.
Y Thing About YOU!
I'm tall! Is that my favorite thing? I dunno. It's just part of who I am.
Z Zoo Animal
I love to watch the otters!

No comments: