Speaking of aunts (and uncles) , I have quite a few, as my mother is one of 10 children and Dad is one of 6. Mother's parents had 5 girls and 5 boys, and Dad's parents had 3 girls and 3 boys. Isn't that nice and symmetrical?
Other fun bits of trivia:
- We use the titles "aunt" and "uncle" in front of the first name in my family. I think it might be a southern thing. (Or maybe it's just us. I dunno.) The only exception to the "rule" when I was a little girl was for my youngest aunt, Rachel, who is only a year older than I am. As an adult, I no longer use the title for my next older aunt and uncle who are within 10 years of my age. But all the rest, I still do.
- On Mother's side of the family "aunt" is pronounced "ant"... on Dad's side we say "aint"! (Nobody I know says "ont"!)
- Dad's side of the family enjoys nicknames, so his sisters Aliene, Annette, and Dianne are Aunt Lene, Aunt Nette, and Aunt DeeDee.
- Two of Dad's sisters married two of Mother's brothers, so I have two sets of double cousins.
- Of all my aunts, only my youngest (Rachel) and my oldest (Aunt Lene) have blogs. I think that situation ought to be remedied post-haste, don't you?
5 comments:
That is interesting that your oldest and youngest aunts are the bloggers. You did a good job of getting them started on a road they enjoy traveling.
fun family trivia :-)
If anyone can remedy that lack of blogging, it's you, Karla! LOL! I have yet to bring anyone I know to this community!
I pronounce it "ant" and my husband says "ont". It's so weird! But he also says "crowns" instead of "crayons".
Karla, I had never thought about the 3 and 3 on your dad's side! Love, AUNT rachel....that's too weird, but neat!
Post a Comment