I've been blogging about tea lately as part of the Gracious Hospital-i-tea blog-a-thon. A few weeks ago Laura asked me what my favorite tea is. And that's what I'm going to blog about today.I don't have just one favorite... it's actually hard for me to choose a favorite of anything. It depends on my mood, among other things. And isn't variety the spice of life? But I can share with you some of my favorite varieties of tea!
First thing in the morning, I like... coffee. Whoops! That's not tea, is it? Oh, well. It's my blog so I can talk about it if I want to! Now, what I really like is a caramel latte... but (out of consideration for my waistline and my pocketbook) usually I just add some powdered French Vanilla or English Toffee cappuccino mix to my regular coffee... or drink it black. Again, according to my mood.To get back to the subject at hand... namely, tea... I enjoy spicy-sweet teas throughout the day and at tea-time. Here are a few I like:
- Constant Comment (from Bigelow). It's been 15 or more years ago that a friend served me a cup of Constant Comment. It was so good that, of course, I commented on it! She said that it was well named because every time she served it she got comments on it!
- Good Earth Original. I first had this at a home-demonstration party (Usborne Books, maybe?) a few years ago. Caution: if you've never tasted it, be sure to take a sip before you add sweetener because it is a very sweet tea! Right, Farrah?
- Vanilla Chai. Chai tea is relatively new to me, so I am still experimenting with the amount of sweetener and milk I like in mine. I bought a sampler box with several flavors of chai from Stash recently. Usually I am finding that just a dollop of honey is all I care to add. But when I'm in the mood for something really sweet and creamy, the Oregon Chai latte is particularly decadent!
- Celestial Seasonings holiday teas. My sister-in-law introduced me to these one Christmas. My favorites are Gingerbread Spice, Candy Cane Lane, and Sugar Plum Spice.

- Celestial Seasonings Peppermint.
- Bigelow Mint Medley.
- Good Earth Good Night.
- Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time.
What are your favorite teas? Have you tried any of the ones I've mentioned? I'd love to know!
13 comments:
Karla,
I am enjoying the sample teas you sent me SO MUCH! I've now had at least one cup of each kind, and although they are all tasty, my favorite one is the Good Earth Original! I got online and ordered some. It is perfectly sweet without adding anything! I also am especially enjoying the Peppermint one with honey like you suggested. Thanks so much!
Great post, Karla. I have enjoyed Constant Comment for years. My mother-in-law first served it to me. Have a great week!...
Kathy@ Mimi's Garden
thanks for stopping by my blog..I am like you in that shamelessly move from coffee to tea depending on my mood.
I might have to try some of these.
Thanks for the names.
That Good Earth is good and sweet, all right! LOL!
I just found out I don't like chamomile. I was disappointed about that, as I've heard it can help one get to sleep.
I love chai and peppermint!
I want to try the holiday ones by CS. You keep talking about 'em, and I have just GOT to try one!
Oh ho! I see we made similar confessions! ;D
I am still experimenting with the Chai tea as well...I'm thinking that a pinch of brown sugar might do the trick after reading several other blogs.
Yep I'm a coffee in the morning girl too! I do love a little sleepy time in the evening sometimes. Fun post. enjoy...
The thought of Constant Comment brings back sweet memories of visiting my best friend's farm during our nursing school days. Thanks for sharing your memories.
You have a wonderful variety of favorite teas. Yummy! I agree. . .the Good Earth teas can be very sweet! So test first, then add sweetener if more is desired!
Thanks for sharing!
LaTeaDah
You crack me up! No worries, I start the morning off with coffee also. Oregon Chai yum. All of the teas you drink sound wonderful! Have a great rest of the week!
I love all the same teas you do and first thing in the morning I grab my largest cup on sit down to a huge cup of COFFEE. If I had to be honest I'd say it was two-three LARGE CUPS! Tea is for the afternoon. I enjoyed your post very much!
Have you ever tried Moroccan Mint tea? It's a mix of green tea, cinnamon, cloves and sugar. Very wonderful!
our tea tastes are very similar. I am enjoying aomw minT magic at the moment for a delicate tummy!
Post a Comment