Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Edition #21 - "I"


Continuing with my alphabet theme, here are 13 things in my life that start with the letter I:
  1. Ice cream. Homemade vanilla with fresh strawberries... mmmm...
  2. Idaho. My favorite state. Good thing, huh?
  3. Independence. I'm grateful for the freedoms we enjoy in America!
  4. Illinois. I lived there for a few months when I was a baby. I have no recollection of it at all, but I have visited there several times since!
  5. Indiana. Where I met my husband, at Bible college.
  6. Individual. I am amazed at how each person God has ever created is one-of-a-kind!
  7. Inspiration. Naturally God's Word inspires me, but I have been blessed at the inspiration I find in other Christians' blogs. Thanks for sharing!
  8. Interests. I have more than I can keep up with. Life is just interesting!
  9. Internet. I have always enjoyed libraries and researching, and I'm old enough to appreciate what a convenience it is to have so much information at our fingertips!
  10. Interstate. A quick way to get from here to there, but not nearly as much fun as the back-roads. (There is no north-south interstate in Idaho. The quickest way to get to Boise from here is actually to take the interstate west into Washington and then curve back around southeast through Oregon to get back to Idaho! Weird, huh?)
  11. Iowa. Where my parents were married.
  12. Island. My husband's name, Lyle, means "of the island"... "L'isle"! Just a fun little bit of trivia.
  13. Ivy. I have a philodendron plant that I bought with a dollar my Grandmother sent me for my 6th birthday. It is 30-something years old, and still thriving. Isn't that neat?

8 comments:

Pretty Life Online said...

Great listing! Happy TT, mine's up too hope you can drop by!

Irishcoda said...

I really like your idea of going through the alphabet for TTs!

A Romantic Porch said...

My goodness Karla, I had no idea about your ivy. That is so neat. AND MIRACULOUS in my book! Love,Rachel
P.S. Drop over to see my tag.

The Going Blog said...

Somebody has a green thumb or a hardy ivy one. That is amazing! My grass man only had a 5 to 6 wk life expectancy so we knew the end was coming. :) Have a great day!

Denise said...

Very Interesting, Karla! I agree with Rachel, that's an incredible ivy! ~ or incredible gardener? I really enjoy your Thursday Thirteen alphabetical posts. I find it a wonderful way to count my blessings. Have a lovely day!

Brumbemom said...

I went to Bible College in Indiana too. Where did you go? I went to Hyles-Anderson College, many lifetimes ago.

Farrah said...

Did you cover all the "I" states? Hee-hee!

How cool your ivy is still going strong! Talk about a plant with a history!! That's awesome!

Like Rachel, I have my tag up. Drop by and let me know how your feeling today!

Denise Patrick said...

Wow on the Ivy that's still growing. I'd have killed it before I was seven. I didn't know that about the name Lyle, either. Thanks for teaching me something new.

Happy TT!