Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Edition #23 - "K"

Continuing with my alphabet theme, here are 13 things in my life that start with the letter K:
  1. Karla. My first name... and I've always been happy that my parents chose to start it with a K and not a C. I can't really explain why. I just think K is such an elegant letter!
  2. Katie, Kayla, Keegan, Kendra, Kimalee, Kimberly, Kinsley, Kobe, Konner, Krista, Kylan. Nieces and nephews. (How's that for a list of names? Nine of them are siblings in one family, two in another.)
  3. Keepers at home. "...teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5
  4. Keepsakes. Items from my past with very little monetary value, but with precious memories attached.
  5. Key. I have an antique skeleton key on my key ring. I've been carrying it around with me for, oh, 18 years or so. No, it doesn't go to anything. I just like it.
  6. Keyboard. I use my computer so much that my fingers literally wear the letters right off the keys. That's bad, isn't it?
  7. Kids. You thought I was going to talk about my children, didn't you? I am actually going to tell you about my baby goats. No, I'm not. I have no baby goats. I have "children"... or at least that's what my brother tells me when he hears me refer to them as "kids."
  8. Kindred spirits. Anyone who knows and loves Anne of Green Gables.
  9. Kinfolk. That's what we call our relatives in the south... and obviously, I have a lot of them!
  10. Kiss. I have a few things in my kitchen that say "Kiss the Cook." Ever since I fell in love with a guy named "Cook" all those many years ago, I have enjoyed the "pun"!
  11. Kitchen. I have enjoyed watching the western sky as I work in my new kitchen. This is the first time I've had an over-the-sink window with any kind of a view, so it is a real treat for me.
  12. Knitting. Something I enjoy doing for relaxation. I can knit fairly complicated patterns, but usually I choose simpler patterns just so I have something mindless for my hands to do when I am just sitting. (It is hard for me to sit still without something for my hands to do.)
  13. Kylen. Farrah's little boy. (Betcha thought I wasn't going to mention him, huh, Farrah?) It's interesting because I have a nephew named Kylan... and both families made the name up. Pronounced the same but spelled a little different.

4 comments:

Sunydazy said...

Oh goody! We must be kindred spirits! :-) I lOVE Anne of Green Gables.

Carole said...

I'm another kindred spirit, because I love the Anne of Green Gables series - both books and movies.

I live in the south, and my grandparents who lived in the north GA mountains used the term "kinfolk" all the time. You just brought back memories for me!

e-Mom said...

The letter "K" is so pleasing. And your name begins with it!

Nice list here. Interesting that lots of domestic words begin with "K" like kinfolk, knitting, kitchen, and of course kids. There must be a common root somewhere. Blessings! :~D

Farrah said...

NO WAY! I almost missed that! I thought you skipped posting your TT this week!

I was all prepared to express my disappointment that Kylen wasn't in there. Well, I'm glad you've finally come to your senses! Clearly, my ranting has been effective! ;-)