Friday, May 23, 2008

Our New Gate

Last Saturday I helped build a new gate for our back yard. Yes, I did! Quit looking at me like that. Okay, so I just held the boards. That's helping!

The gate was falling apart when we bought the house, plus we needed it to be wider so we could park our travel-trailer in the back yard. So my husband took that whole end of the fence down soon after we moved in.Here he is in the garage building the framework for the new gate. (Yes, we still have many boxes yet to unpack.)The frame work is up...I'm a good board holder!My true area of expertise: supervising!One side is finished!The finished gate: And that's my Show & Tell for this week!Show and Tell

7 comments:

Mary said...

I enjoyed seeing the new gate come into being and now the trailer will go through it easily. I'm glad that you were able to supervise/help make the gate. I enjoy being a supervisor when hubby is making something. ;-)

Blessings,
Mary

Farrah said...

Wow! Didn't know how handy you are! I have a few jobs over here you could do when you have a spare moment. (Hint: Bring your hubby. LOL!)

Your gate looks fantastic!

Sondra said...

Fun show and tell. It is always great to stand back and see your finished work. Good job you two did.

LaRona said...

That's a good-looking gate, no doubt due to the efforts of the "supervisor" =)

Penless Thoughts said...

Lots great. A job well done.
Susan

Becki said...

Good Goin' on the gate!

A Romantic Porch said...

He... ooops you guys did a fabulous job. Isn't it fun to finish a project like that?xorrachel