Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tea Pots

The theme for this week's Gracious Hospitality blog-o-thon is to tell about tea pots. Many of the ladies participating have lovely collections of tea pots. I don't. I only have 2... my beautiful china tea pot with violets on it, and my more practical stoneware tea pot in the Pfaltzgraff Yorktowne pattern. I have posted pictures of them previously, so I won't show them to you again... but I thought I would tell you about my new tea kettle!

A couple years ago a lady my husband worked with gave me a big collection of Yorktowne stoneware. Her dad had given her various pieces over the years so she had a sentimental attachment to it, but had gotten tired of it and didn't need it any more. She was glad to be able to give it to someone she knew would enjoy it and appreciate it. And I have. It's a pattern I've always liked.

A few weeks ago I was in our local Pfaltzgraff outlet store and was browsing the Yorktowne aisle. As many pieces as I have, there are tons more I don't have. Not that I need more. I was just interested to see how many things they had come up with for the collection. It occurred to me that I did need a new tea kettle, but that was one thing I didn't see on the Yorktowne aisle. After browsing a bit longer I started to leave the store when the lady asked if I found what I was looking for. On a whim I asked, "I guess there's not a tea kettle in the Yorktowne pattern, huh?" She told me, "Oh, yes, there is! It's over here with the tea kettle display!" Dummy me. I had been looking for it with all the other Yorktowne stuff! So I splurged a little and bought it! Isn't it pretty?

7 comments:

Farrah said...

You are no dummy, Karla! Anyone could make that mistake! :-) I'm happy you found what you were looking for! And, yes, it is pretty!

Miss Sandy said...

How fun to find a kettle to match your wonderful dishes! I admit I prefer a kettle to a teapot for daily use. Thanks for sharing your story.

Toots said...

Very pretty!

A Romantic Porch said...

Yes that is cute. I'm glad you found it.

marye said...

yorktowne is one of my favorite patterns

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

What a great story! I love it when a search ends well! Thanks for sharing!

Bonita said...

I'm so glad that you were able to find the kettle. It is so pretty. All of your teapots are pretty. I guess I'll always be partial to the one with purple flowers, though, as purple is my favorite color.