Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Crooked Tree

On Sunday afternoon we went for a drive, specifically to take pictures with our new camera. Lyle pulled over at this bridge to snap a few shots of the pretty little river that ran under it. I didn't think about the possibility of hiking ahead of time, and had on high-heel sandals so I waited at the top while he and the kids climbed down the bank to the water. As I stood there enjoying the view, I noticed this crooked tree growing under the bridge. It grew up straight until it reached the underside of the bridge, and then it angled around and kept growing!

Funny little crooked tree. Not worth much. Not even very pretty. But you know what? It's growing right where God put it... and reaching for the light with all of it's strength!

I want to be like that!

5 comments:

Dawnie said...

good thought, and so true.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Nice photo! And I love your words that go with it!

What kind of camera did you get?

Katherine

Kalianne@BygoneBeauty said...

What a courageous little tree! Great photo too! Enjoy your new camera!

Joyce said...

Hi Karla.....I'm sooo behind in finding out that you gave me a blog award!! Thanks so much!
I think you gave it to me during the day the hurricane hit here.....and since the power failed and was out for six days....ugh!!!!
I had no way of knowing so this is a nice surprise to find today now that I am "back in the loop" blogwise.

I sure appreciate you thinking of me though....I'm just like a week LATE in reading my comments....and trying to catch up!
Thanks soooooo much for your sweet thoughts......
Great photo of you and your husband....could he do a litte "photo shop" work on a photo of me....and make me SKINNIER??? HA!
Y'all keep having fun!
Joyce

Farrah said...

You got a new camera? Woo-hoo! Congrats! Nice picture! God's creation is SOOO amazing!!