Monday, September 29, 2008

Laughing Days

I heard a comedian say recently that not every day is a Laughing Day. We all go through hard times, so he likes to laugh, and make people laugh, as often as he can. I like that philosophy, don't you?

A highlight of our weekend was the cowboy supper show that we went to on Saturday evening. It was definitely a "laughing day"... with a fun comedy skit, a delicious barbecue supper, and then a great cowboy music stage show. Our family thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly our youngest daughter who is a huge fan of Roy Rogers and other vintage cowboys.

My family enjoying the "shoot out" before supper.
Dusty Bicuspid is the depitty marshal around these-here parts.
And this-here is the Depitty's Office!
The "show" in the western sky was not part of the program, but I appreciated it just the same!
Riders of the Rockin' B
Notice the Gideon New Testament tucked in the gun holster on the bass. And you can't see it in this picture but there was a cowboy boot on the bottom of the bass! The guy playing it is Dusty's "ugly twin brother" (i.e. the same guy).

6 comments:

Carrie said...

It's wonderful how your family enjoys such varied events and places together!

Emily said...

That looks like so much fun!! :)

Aliene said...

Looks like a fun outing.

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I love laughing. When I went to Indiana in August I got to visit with my cousins and I had laughed so much after 4 days that my stomach muscles hurt. We had the best time. I'm right there with your daughter...Roy Rogers was the bomb. Saturday mornings were so wonderful watching him and Dale solve all the crimes and who doesn't love "Happy Trails"? Is it getting cold out there? We had another hot day today and I am so ready for the cool weather.

pamela said...

karla-
Looks like a great celebration adn family fun!

Farrah said...

No way! I've been wanting us to go there sometime and try it out! Lol! But I've been waiting until we study about cowboys in school. :-)