Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My CrockPot works for me!

As we are getting back into our school-year routine, our days just seem to be extra busy. Menu planning worked really well to help with that last year, but this year I've taken it one step further. I've been planning CrockPot meals.

I've been using the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook for recipes and ideas. Here are some of the recipes (with variations) I have tried so far:
I have found it so convenient to take a few minutes early in the day to assemble all the ingredients in one large pot, turn the knob to low, and voila! Supper when we want it! Works for me!

7 comments:

Dawnie said...

Crockpots were and still are a favorite of mine. When my 5 kids were home, it made my life so much easier. I tend to use mine moreso in the colder weather so I'm guessing it wont be long before I"m enjoying mine again.

Jeni said...

Crockpots can be so useful!! I've used them for super simple meals, too - just throw veggies in the bottom, layer pork chops on top, season with oregano & garlic, and there ya go! Dinner's done! (Well, in 8 hours or so, anyway!)

Melissa Wertz said...

Oh Karla, these look so good and I am going through the same thing. Thanks for posting them.

Lalycairn said...

Crockpot pizza??? I just went and checked it out. Looks good, and I think I'm trying it tonight! :)

Emily said...

I absolutely love crock pot cooking! Especially around this time of year! Fall is such a great time to bake and cook! Hope you are enjoying a beautiful day!

Veggiemomof2 said...

I'm going to try that pizza. Thanks for the tip!

Farrah said...

We have had very mixed results with the crockpot. Several recipes we have not liked and discovered that we don't care for chicken cooked in there. But I have 5 winners that we absolutely love, so I am still very thankful for my crockpot even though it doesn't get used that much. :-)