Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Edition #15 - "D"


Continuing with my alphabet theme, here are 13 things in my life that start with the letter D:
  1. Daisies. One of my favorite flowers. I love seeing them blooming in the mountains in June.
  2. Darrell. My dad. His blog is here.
  3. Date night. We like to go to Borders for coffee and browsing.
  4. Daughters. I am blessed to have two who bring me great joy.
  5. Denise. My middle name. I was named for Mrs. Denise Stroud, my mother's high school home ec teacher.
  6. Dishcloths. I like to knit them from cotton yarn.
  7. Dodge. My husband's pick-up truck which he thoroughly enjoys.
  8. Dog. We have an adorable border collie-beagle mix who is a sweetie!
  9. Doilies. I enjoy crocheting and decorating with them.
  10. Dori. My sister. Her blog is here.
  11. Dotted Swiss. A favorite "vintage" fabric. Do they even still make it? I haven't looked for it... just haven't seen it much lately.
  12. Drives. My husband loves to drive. I love to look at the scenery and talk to him. So one of our favorite activities is going for drives.
  13. DVDs. I've been enjoying collecting season sets of old TV shows such as Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, and The Andy Griffith Show.

8 comments:

Farrah said...

This is the first time I was going to link to TT's site, but I can't access the page for some reason. Are you able to?

BTW, love your TT picture this week!

Lynne said...

Nice list! I never knew anyone that was named after a home ec teacher!

Irishcoda said...

Ah, an alphabet theme, great idea! That's 26 weeks of guaranteed TTs, I like it enough to try it myself. Sometimes it's hard for me to think of a topic! :)

pse said...

I especially like numbers 2, 5, and 10.

Hope said...

Hi Karla,
Love your list. My DH likes to drive too and I hate it! Works out well! :o) We take little drives around our county even in the wintertime. We both love that and that's usually when we do more communicating with each other!

Hugs,
Hope

A Romantic Porch said...

Neat "D's" Karla Denise! xo Rachel

Tiffany said...

I love this idea! I have not seen the alphabet theme. Do you mind if I use it?

Thanks for commenting on my site. I hope the idea helps you!

Corina said...

Nice job, Karla. I like dotted swiss too and you're right. I haven't seen it much in years!

I like your date night. A trip to Borders is never like the next one or the last one.

13 Blogs I Like To Read