Tuesday, March 4, 2008

So that explains it!

I love getting mail, don't you? Good mail, that is. Letters and packages. Here's something I received in the mail last week that just made my day! My dear friend, Farrah, sent me this whimsical "Laini's Lady" ornament. She has on a red polka-dot dress, a satin ribbon sash, bead "shoes" and is expressing such exuberance! But read that quote: "She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain. -Louisa May Alcott"!! Does that describe anybody you know? I can't imagine who!

It makes me smile every time I look at it. I had to hang it on my desk for now, just so I could admire it. Thanks so much, Farrah! I just love it!

3 comments:

Farrah said...

You are very welcome, Karla, and it makes my day to hear how much you like it!! Can you believe they sent us an extra one?? I thought it was to apologize for forgetting about us, but they were more than happy to take payment for the second one when Greg called. So I have one hanging in my kitchen, too! LOL! And it makes me smile everytime I read it, as well!

A Romantic Porch said...

Karla and Farrah, that is so cute. Thanks for sharing! xoRachel

Dori said...

I think that should be it's permanent home! I LOVE it!