Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Edition #19

I'll return to my alphabet theme next week. But since my posts have been sparse this week, I thought I'd share 13 things we've done in the past few days!
  1. Moved all our furniture from the old house to the new house on Saturday (with the help of half-a-dozen or so friends, and my parents)! We really appreciated the help!
  2. Started sleeping at the new house on Saturday night.
  3. Painted and decorated the kids' bedrooms. This was mainly my dad's project! They look so cute. One bedroom is lavender, green, and blue with big splashy flower decals. Suits our teen daughter perfectly. Our pre-teen's room has a "horse" theme to fit her interests. We painted the lower half of her walls green (for the pasture) and the upper half blue (for the sky) with sponged on "clouds" around the top. My mother made her a comforter of a horse print fabric.
  4. Got drapes hung in the living room, and curtains in several other rooms.
  5. Unpacked most of the boxes labeled "kitchen" and got it set up. My new kitchen is not large but I love it!
  6. Decorated the bathrooms. The upstairs bathroom has a English garden feel... and the downstairs bathroom has a North Woods/camp theme. (My decorating style is eclectic, if nothing else! Ha.)
  7. Decorated the living room. Unpacked some "pretties" that have been packed away for years because I didn't have a place to display them. Some I had forgotten I had.
  8. Set up my desk so I could have internet access and be able to work and blog!
  9. Visited fast and furiously with my parents while we worked. They left this morning. We will miss them.
  10. Took an impromptu spring break from homeschooling.
  11. Enjoyed having my husband come home for lunch every day now that we live only 2 miles from where he works. (The best feature of the new house!)
  12. Enjoyed the beautiful views of the mountains from the kitchen window (looking west, so beautiful sunsets!)... and the picture window in the living room (which faces east, and my dad tells me has a good view of the sunrise... but I haven't been up early enough to witness it yet!).
  13. Got the pets moved and situated. The dog doesn't care. She is beside-herself-happy to be just wherever we are. The fish don't care. At least, if they do, they haven't said so! But, the cat... oh, the cat is quite put out with us. Moving was not a good idea at all in her mind! She's been mostly cowering in the garage wishing she was "home". The kids said she is finally beginning to venture out into the yard for short periods this morning.
I'll post pictures soon!

8 comments:

Farrah said...

Loved reading about your week and progress settling in! Sounds like it's coming along nicely!

The Going Blog said...

Wow, you got alot done. The house sounds very charming. Aren't parents just the best? Mine always seem to do some project around the house when they are here. I know your's are thrilled to know where your new place is and how it is situated.

Denise said...

Thank you, Karla, for taking the time from settling in to your new home to post a comment on my blog. So happy to have an update on how your move is coming. Sounds so comfy and homey - just like you! One can't help but feel comfortable and at home with you!
I think of you often and pray things continue to go smoothly.

Carrie said...

What a wonderful list of accomplishments as you set up home for your family!

Hootin' Anni said...

Lots of work to be sure, but to have a house turn into a home it's so worth it!!!!

I did a Friday Show N Tell this week [I know it's been canceled, but I wanted to show off a prize I won and sent to me by one of our Show N Tell players ---it's Easter themed!! Drop by if you can? I'd love to have you visit. And have a great holiday weekend]

A Romantic Porch said...

Karla, Wow! A whirl wind week. I'm glad for you that that part is over. Now finding your new normal. Love,Rachel

windycindy said...

Congratulations on all you have accomplished! Would you please send me some of your energy?! New homes are fun, though! Enjoy.....Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

nannykim said...

Oh, wow--please let me know when you post the pictures. Can't believe all that you have gotten done. You must be tired but happy. There is such satisfaction in making a house a home--and making it your own personal place!