Monday, March 3, 2008

"More of Him" Monday

As I was considering what to post for this Monday, I remembered the Monday meme, More of Him, that Farrah had discovered last week. The premise is to share either a scripture passage or particular event when you felt God speaking to you.

Last week I shared about the house that we are in the process of buying. We have sensed the Lord's leading in this direction and have been trusting Him to work out the details. That trust was put to the test this weekend! We got an email from the bank late Friday afternoon that there has been a glitch in our loan application. The bank had pre-qualified us before we ever made an offer on the house, but apparently they have now discovered that, based on our income, we don't qualify for the type of loan we had first applied for. The banker said he would need to see what else was available, but the terms will probably not be as good as we were first quoted. What in the world does that mean? What if we don't agree to the new terms? And what a thing to throw at us on a Friday evening for us to have to stew about all weekend!! You can imagine all the things that have been going through our minds all weekend. What if we have to come up with more money? What if we don't get the house? What if we have to keep renting?

All the what if's... and uncertainties...

But you know what? God is still in control. He reminded me again (as He has many times before) that the only thing I ever truly want is His will. In all things. If it's God will for us to get this house, we will. And if it isn't His will, then I don't want it. So that settles it. I'm at peace, either way.

(Just wish I knew which way it's going to go! In His time, Karla. In His time.)

8 comments:

jennifer said...

This was absolutely lovely. When you know how it turns out, and if I haven't been by to read, come get me. I hope al goes the way you want it to. God is Good! Jennifer

Heather said...

Great thoughts, Karla! He IS in control, whether we feel it or not. Thanks for the reminder that He takes care of ALL the details, even details we didn't know were important.

And thanks also for participating in More of Him. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Dori said...

And what if the new terms are even better than the old ones...sometime God has a special gift for us that we don't even know to ask for!
Love you!
Dori

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh the roller coaster of real estate. I'll be holding on tight for you! xoRachel

Simply Stork said...

Yes, God is in charge...we had a similar situation and ended up loosing the first house we thought we wanted...now we have something soooo much better..I was selling myself short...my new house is 10x better and 10x cheaper than the one we thought we wanted...we just had to wait for it...God is in control...In Him I will put my trust.

~simply~
(thanks for stopping in :o)

Denise said...

I really enjoyed your post, Karla! It's so hard to wait sometimes - been there, done that. We'll be praying that He'll give you exceeding abundantly above all you could ask or think!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

Farrah said...

Your story took me back to when we were getting a house...lot's of uncertainties and praying...in fact, our experience would make a great post! Anyway, we went through all sorts of problems AFTER we got it! LOL! But we knew that the Lord had worked it out in the first place so we tried to relax and trust Him. Been about six years, and we love living here. I know that your situation will work out and that He loves to give us the desires of our heart. He with holds no good thing unless He has something better in mind...or...there could be a soul at stake! :-)

diana said...

it's things like this that frustrates us to the point where it could test our faith. i'm glad you found peace through it all and shared where your trust lies. we all can be encouraged by that.

good luck.