Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Christmas blues

Christmas blues... It's just hard to be very excited about Christmas when we're not going anywhere, nor is anyone coming here. Of course, the children are excited, so I'm excited for them. And I decided I would cook a nice Christmas dinner this year even if it "just us". Other years we have just had snacky stuff. We usually get together with my BIL's family Christmas night for a gift exchange and snacks and games, so I'm trying to plan some special snacks for that. The best part will be that DH gets to be home with us 3 whole days in a row! (He has to work New Year's weekend. I'm bummed about that.)

Cooking... for dinner I am planning to bake a turkey or a ham (haven't decided which, I have both in the freezer), a cheesy potato casserole, green bean casserole (DH's favorite), lime jello salad (also DH's favorite), and a broccoli salad (my favorite). I'm not going to make rolls or pies because I want to make other goodies. For snacks my list includes "Keep 'Em Comin' Smokies", "Pepperoni Pinwheels", cheese log, crackers, veggies, "Puppy Chow" (sweet Chex mix), and an assortment of cookies and/or candy. That oughta keep me busy for a day or two.

I wish I knew of a good multi-player computer game that we could get to play over the network this weekend. DH and I sometimes play Age of the Empires (on the rare occasions when we have leisure time), but that has a little to much battle for my tastes. I want something that's more strategy. I liked the old King's Quest games, but they weren't multi-player.

No comments: