Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Just relaxing!

I recently received this fun mug from Lorrie Veasey at Our Name is Mud. (Thank you, Lorrie!) She offered me my choice of mugs from her site. There were so many cute ones that I had a hard time deciding, but I finally settled on "Lessons from the Beach". Not so much because I'm a beach denizen (which I'm not), but because I need to be reminded from time-to-time to just relax!

I'm learning that the stressful things in life are often inconsequential. I have a tendency to get all worked up over little things, and then, even just a day or two later, I'll look back and think, "Why was I so concerned about that?" I allow petty things to rob me of my joy for that moment, or day.

My life is busy. Sometimes the list of things to be done is overwhelming. Hopefully having this sunny little reminder to "relax" sitting on my desk will be a good reminder to take things as they come... and just do the next thing. (Having it full of coffee at any given time can't hurt anything either!)
Have a relaxing day!

5 comments:

pse said...

Hope you have a relaxed, busy day. I will try also!

Brumbemom said...

Cute cup! I think I forgot how to relax many years ago! :-(

A Romantic Porch said...

How totally cute!

Lorrie Veasey said...

What an awesome shout out! Thank you so much. The greatest pleasure comes from making something that you know someone else will enjoy. I hope the mug brings you much happiness.

Farrah said...

I hear ya!