Monday, August 11, 2008

Posting from eastern Montana

We traveled through Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, and are just barely into Montana tonight. It was a 15-hour day on the road, so we are more than ready to stretch out for the night. It helps to be traveling west as we have gained 2 hours just traveling through time zones... and we'll gain another one tomorrow.

I haven't had much luck finding thimbles for my new collection in these northern states. I got one in Wisconsin, but did not find one where we stopped in Minnesota and North Dakota. (Or I should say, I didn't find a porcelain one for those states. I've decided that's the kind I prefer because they are prettier and less expensive. I just can't bring myself to pay $8 for a thimble!) So far I have 7 from the this trip, I think. I've decided it's okay if I don't find one for every state, because that will give me something to keep looking for on future trips. My daughter said I'm just too picky, but that's okay. I don't like to collect things just for the sake of collecting. I want them to be what I like.

Tomorrow's destination: Home again!

What a whirlwind trip!

3 comments:

Dori said...

I can't wait to see pictures and hear about who all you saw!

pse said...

Welcome home. We are eager to hear more about your trip. But do try to get some rest.

LaRona said...

Loved the 'purple mountains' picture b/c Rena loves to sing the "Purple Mountains" song aka "God Bless America". She only knows the first verse, but she belts it out heartily - thanks for a visual for her =)