Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer is not over yet...

Early in August I read on other blogs of summer being over and children going back to school. I'm not ready for that yet! Remember that long, extra-snowy winter we had... and how late spring was in arriving? Summer can't be over yet!

As homeschoolers we can start school any time we want, but I'm kind of glad that public schools around here don't start until after Labor Day. Seeing the neighborhood children playing outside makes it still "feel" like summer.

The fields are turning gold... the wildflowers are beginning to fade... summer is waning, and fall will be upon us soon enough. I want to take time to enjoy this day... this season...

I'm savoring these last few days of "summer freedom" before we start school next week.

4 comments:

e-Mom said...

I agree! Let's enjoy the lazy, hazy days of summer while we can. Like you, Labor Day marks the end of the season for me. :~D

Homeschool Mom of Four said...

I love reading your blog so I gave you two awards. You can get them by going to my site at http://letshomeschool.blogspot.com

Thanks for blogging!

Making Memories 1999 said...

I agree, although I think we will begin school on Wednesday, as we will be in AL with hubby/daddy on a business trip. I figured we might as well make use of the time spent in the motel. :-)

It was so good to see you at the reunion!! What a neat time it was to see friends again!

It looks like you all have enjoyed lots of travel and enjoying your summer. I'm so glad!! Do you camp much in the fall as well?

Hope your school year goes well! Take care, friend!

A Romantic Porch said...

Me too...hang on to summer!