Monday, August 18, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...
Outside my window... it is a pleasant summer morning. While I'm not by nature a morning person, I am learning to appreciate the quietness of this time of day.
I am thinking... but trying not to think, about needing to start school in 2 weeks.
I am thankful for... modern means of communication which make keeping in touch so much easier than ever before. I love to blog... and chat with friends on Facebook... and email... and flat-rate calling. And I haven't even gotten into texting yet! (I'm sure it's coming. I just haven't been willing to pay extra for it yet.)
From the kitchen... I am trying to decide what to make to take with us camping this weekend. Maybe some cookies, trail mix, and some foil-wrapped stew packets to cook on the coals of the campfire.
I am creating... crocheted flower projects from a couple of new pattern books I got last week. So much fun!
I am wearing... a tan denim skirt and a tan t-shirt with embroidered flowers on the front
I am reading...
Fossil Hunter by John B. Olson, and First Place 4 Health by Carole Lewis
I am hoping... that we have good camping weather for our camp-out this weekend.
I am hearing... the neighbor's car starting.
Around the house... I need to get some things organized before we start school in September.
One of my favorite things... drinking coffee with my husband at the bistro table on our deck early in the morning before work.
A few plans for the rest of the week... The print shop where my husband works is sponsoring a company camp-out at a National Forest campground this weekend, for employees and their families. That should be interesting, and fun! I need to plan meals for that, and get the trailer stocked.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

5 comments:

marye said...

have a wonderful weekend! Camping is so much fun.

elaine said...

hey there, i left you an award on my page

A Romantic Porch said...

Karla, that photo is beautiful. I sense a peaceful summer day when I look at it. xo rachel

Lisa said...

How fun to peek in on you there in Idaho! Such a beautiful photo! Thanking Him for the same blessings you did, that allow me to sit on your patio with you for a minute today! Blessings!

kadezmom said...

What a beautiful shot you shared with us.

I agree, I'm right there with you on technology/communication. I've now allowed myself the $5 a month texting plan as dh's gets paid for from the co.....and he's the only one I text. My girls, on the other hand, would LOVE for us to get unlimited texting. Um. Not until they are willing to foot their part of the bill. Not happening!

Have a great week.